Wednesday, February 21, 2007

blog 5

my personal essay is about a story of a child, particularly me, living in Liberia during the war. the audience of my personal essay are people who do not know about the war in Liberia. Therefore, i seek to have my audience informed about the civil war and its effect. in the personal essay, i started with my peacful the nation once was before introducing the war. by doing that the audience can know liberia chronologically depending on how far i before the war i decided to go and how far after the war did i stopped.

3 comments:

Mauren Kadash said...

It sounds like a chronoliglical account of your life in Liberia is working for your essay. I think it might also be interesting to go back and forth in your memories from a peacful time to a time of war, showing how the war affected you.

Molly said...

What an experience! It's going to make great reading.

S. Chandler said...

We have talked about this several times and each time your essay becomes more clearly focused, and your narrative style becomes stronger. You have an excellent focus, and powerful material. I am looking forward to reading this.